I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Wednesday, 4 December 2019

Day 12 and still going strong

The spicy butternut squash soup was delicious, I'm glad we still have several huge homegrown squashes, each one makes at least 3 or 4 different meals.

For lunch yesterday we had cheese, mushroom and ham soufflĂ© omelettes, scrumptious.  Dinner was homemade chilli out of the freezer, with a jacket potato and a sprinkling of grated cheese.  Must cut down - I do eat too much cheese!

Poached eggs on a slice of wholemeal grain toast for lunch today.  For dinner I'll get a tub of homegrown tomato pasta sauce out of the freezer, to go on top of wholewheat tagliatelle.  I'll fry some chopped chorizo (got a bag of frozen ones) to mix in with it, along with some other veg....I think there's some courgettes in the freezer.

I might be going shopping today, we've run out of a few things and Morrisons are doing a special offer on fresh salmon, £5 a kilo - they do it every holiday.  I do love salmon.

Running total - still £8.54.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing so well and saving loads of lovely cash too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!