I had black redbush tea in the morning, husband had black coffee - which he says he hates and is going to have my redbush tea on diet days.
For brunch at 10 am, we had a couple of slices of roasted ham, topped with an avocado mashed with tomato puree and smoked paprika. Then a few slices of Brie on top of the avocado, and finally 2 poached eggs. Lovely and very filling, due to the protein and fat. Fat is allowed on this diet, in sensible quantities:-
Dinner at 5.30 pm was a roasted chicken leg on a pile of green veggies - shredded Savoy cabbage, leek, shredded Brussels sprouts, tender stem broccoli and peas, all steamed in a small amount of water with a large knob of butter. Delicious, didn't even miss the roast spuds:-
We're having the weekend off the diet, then back on it on Monday, Wednesday and Friday next week. Well, Wednesday will be a slight variation as it's husband's birthday.....we'll still be having 2 meals and within the time restriction window of 8 hours, but will be including some carbs.


Those meals look delicious! What a great start!
ReplyDeletexx
Morning Sooze
ReplyDeleteThe food looks lovely. I've never had avocado, might give it a go! Your evening meal looks tasty and so much food on the plate. I often have meals with chicken/turkey or fish and veggies (with some cheese sauce on the veggies). Sadly, it's slipped somewhat over Christmas :-( will rectify that once the Christmas 'crap' has been eaten (hopefully by hubby).
Carol
The photos are fine, my mouth is watering.
ReplyDeleteThe combinations are quite appealing and yet something I have never tried.
I think we could do this. If you keep preparing meals that look so scrumptious.
Do you cook your eggs in an egg poacher? They look perfect and I love poached eggs. Unfortunately I always seem to end up with them hard on the bottom but with the top white still uncooked and slimy looking
ReplyDeleteChristine
Ease yourself in gradually to this new way of eating it is not a diet it is an eating plan for life. I am traveling at the moment and eating to much bread, but it is only for a short time craving veg. I don't eat much fruit due to allergies. As you are stressed at the moment try changing one thing e.g. extra veg instead of potatoes, and replace desert with fruit.
ReplyDelete