I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Friday, 31 May 2019

An unexpected weight loss!

Apologies for the lack of food posts recently....as those of you who read my main blog will know, our life has been a bit of a rollercoaster again recently, and healthy eating tends to go out of the window then.

Nice as bangers and mash, or pizza and chips, etc, is, it doesn't do my guts or joints any good, I soon begin to feel so uncomfortable, sore  and unwell that I welcome healthy eating again.

I went to my GP the other day, a routine thing for a referral to a sleep programme.  During the consultation, she checked various aspects of my health, including weighing me, then remarked that I'd lost quite a bit of weight.  'Really?' I asked.  She said I'd lost a stone in the past 18 months and congratulated me.  The thing is, I didn't even know - the weight has come off quite painlessly and without me even noticing.  I have been aware of losing the odd pound or 2 here and there, on the rare occasions when I do weigh myself, but have also put on a couple of pounds now and then, so I assumed it all balanced itself out...however, I've obviously lost more than I've gained, happily!  It's spurred me on - well, that and the fact that my joints, back and hip are really aching lately - to get back pronto to the healthy eating.

So today I've just had plain Greek yogurt with a couple of sliced apricots and some almonds and mixed seeds for breakfast.  Husband is having the last of his wholemeal seeded bread toasted.  For lunch we'll have sliced avocado and goats cheese with salad.  For dinner I'll make turkey chilli, we'll have it with cauliflower 'rice' and a green veg.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that great!
    What started me off was health problems too. It meant that I just HAD to and maybe it's the same for you now. ANyway, what a great start - I love your menu.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations well done and it is food you like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't we just love surprises? Well done chucky. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!