I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Saturday, 11 May 2019

Lidl bargains this weekend

Back to Lidl again this morning....I know it seems like my favourite shop and thing to do, but it isn't really, even though I mention them a lot.  I just like a bargain!

Every weekend they have a few things at special bargain prices - I knew they did it occasionally but have only just found out they do it every weekend.  This weekend it's 400g packs of medium mature Cheddar on offer at 99p - that works out to £2.48 a kilo.  Astonishingly cheap.  I think you're allowed to buy 6 of any item on offer.  So we'll get 6 (I suppose technically we could get 12 if husband and I each bought and paid for 6, but we won't) and will grate and freeze most of them.   They're also doing a jar of coffee at 79p, so 6 of those will be coming home with us too.

And hopefully I'll be able to get one of their veg boxes today, that actually contains mostly veg rather than fruit.  We're going to get there for 08.00 when the shop opens, we were half an hour late yesterday because of the terrible traffic in town.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck. I tend to use Aldi more than Lidl but you are inspiring me to try Lidl and see. I didn't know about the weekend bargains - how do you find out what they are?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look on their website, Joy, they're called Weekend Specials, I think (or something similar). I actually prefer Aldi to Lidl, but our Aldi is old and very scruffy. There is a lovely big shiny new one in Highbridge, but that's quite a way from us so we don't go unless we're out that way for some other reason.

      Delete
    2. THanks, I will look and see . . .
      xx

      Delete
  2. That traffic does sound bad if it put you off by 1/2 hour or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't made it too look for the veg boxes, I will plan to do it later this week. I did consider buying some of the cheese but struck lucky in Tesco a few days ago. The strong cheddar had been on offer at £5 a Kilo and I bought a load RTC at less than half price, it worked out to less than £1 per Kilo. Just like you it is grated and in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!