I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Thursday, 6 June 2019

Falafel and must read labels!

The butterbean mash the other day was really nice, think I'll add more onions to it next time though.  

Yesterday we had a mushroom omelette for breakfast and ham salad for lunch.  Dinner was roasted chicken thighs which I dusted with Cajun spices beforehand, served with roasted butternut squash and aubergine, liberally sprinkled with smoked paprika, and Savoy cabbage and peas left over from the day before.

Today we're having yogurt, oat flakes, chopped fresh apricots and mixed seeds for breakfast.  I got a carton of coconut Greek yogurt the other day, have just licked the spoon and realised that, whilst it's very nice, it does have sugar in it....that'll teach me for not reading the label before buying!  In future I'll just add dessicated coconut to plain Greek yogurt.  

Lunch will be seafood sticks with salad - ok, I know they're not a great thing to have as they're very processed, but these ones aren't too bad (I did read the label) and I do like them!  Oh, and they're cheap!  I'll make a sort of seafood dressing with a spoonful of mayo, tomato puree and some paprika.

Dinner will be falafel in a tomato sauce.  The falafel I'd previously made and frozen, I'll make a sauce using passata, Italian herbs and red onion and bake the falafel in it, with a topping of Mozzarella.  Some green veggies to go with it, probably Savoy cabbage and fine green beans.

2 comments:

  1. We all do it and one pot won't do too much harm, I am sure. I love your meal plans and today's sounds really delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget what Falafel is..


    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!