Yesterday's meals were really nice, the 2 meals and shorter time window (later breakfast than normal, and earlier dinner) worked well. We might try doing that once or twice a week.
For breakfast today we had Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of dry oat flakes, 2 chopped apricots, sprinkle of pumpkin and sunflower seeds and some nuts - walnuts for husband, almonds for me. Delicious.
Lunch was leftover roasted veggies from yesterday's dinner (planned leftovers) with goats cheese and vine tomatoes, with a simple dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
For dinner tonight we're having stuffed peppers. Red peppers halved and stuffed with a mixture of tuna, cooked brown rice, grated carrot, diced mushrooms, pine nuts, cubed mozzarella and chives, with a little grated Cheddar sprinkled on top before going in the oven. Will have with green beans.
I'm making sure we get more than 5 veg & fruit a day....it's more like 7 or 8. And to think not so many years ago the only veggies I ate were potatoes (in any form, although quite often chips) and peas!
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
What a good idea I like your meals too. May give this a blast !
ReplyDeleteEvery blimmin thing sounds utterly delish. That's my kind of food
ReplyDeleteUtterly yummy!
ReplyDelete