Husband cooked Sunday lunch, he did well, roast chicken with roasted carrots and beetroot, new potatoes and broccoli. The carrots and new potatoes were our own homegrown.
We had roasted beetroot wedges left over, so we had them for lunch today in a salad. I mixed them with halved cherry toms, cucumber, crumbled feta and walnuts, on a bed of watercress. I made a dressing of mayo mixed with Greek yogurt and horseradish, it was lovely.
Plenty of roast chicken left, so for dinner I chopped some up and fried it with a little bit of bacon, shallot, yellow courgettes, sliced baby corn (all the veggies from our garden). Mixed in one of those fancy rice packets (brown rice, quinoa, pumpkin & sunflower seeds) and some pesto sauce, with a blob of Philly-type cream cheese, and a splash of water to loosen it. Delicious.
With the remaining chicken I'll make a curry tomorrow.
The baby corn we've grown for the first time this year (I say we, I just chose them at the start of the year, husband does the growing) and it's really nice, we only grew a dozen plants as an experiment. We've had 3 meals from them so far, with at least another couple to come. We'll definitely grow them again next year, they're a keeper.
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, my - all that food sounds so delicious! Well done to you both.
ReplyDeletexx
You are always so imaginative with your meals, it is wonderful to read about what you cook. When you did the beetroot, did you cook them before you peeled them and made the wedges? I am always uncertain how to treat Beets!
ReplyDelete