Thank you Joy and TA. In answer to your question about the beets, TA - no I don't peel them first when I roast them. I simply scrub then top and tail them, cut into quarters if small, or eighths for bigger ones, drizzle with oil and roast for about 40 mins or so, until done. I shake them about or give them a stir to turn them over once or twice during cooking. They're delicious hot or cold.
Lunch today will be mashed avocado and poached egg. I stir a little Philly-type cream cheese and a sprinkle of smoked paprika into the avocado, along with a splash of lime juice. Husband will have his on toast, no toast for me, our own fresh tomatoes (thankfully now ripening fairly quickly) sliced on the side.
For dinner I'm doing quiche with roasted spicy wedges and coleslaw. Pretty traditional quiche Lorraine with cubed bacon, mushrooms and lots of cheese (we like it very cheesy). The wedges are our own homegrown new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered, tossed with olive oil and that season all spice mix. The coleslaw will be homemade - white cabbage with our own carrots and yellow courgette grated, dressing of mixed mayo, Greek yogurt and grainy mustard. Husband wants a pud, so it'll be stewed apples as we have plenty of our own now, with yogurt.
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
Your food always sounds so wonderful. I love the creativity.
ReplyDeletexx
Sound lovely, good simple homemade food.
ReplyDeleteHomemade potato wedges with the season all are favourites n this house too. Think I'll try out your coleslaw dressing!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your response to the Beetroot question - I might get some when I next go shopping. xx
ReplyDelete