Husband's asked for a fish finger sandwich for lunch today. The bread is of course homemade - husbandmade - wholewheat with added pumpkin and sunflower seeds. We'll have a slice of Gouda in it, sliced cucumber (must have some veg! haha) and salad cream for me - husband hates that, so he'll have mayo. I don't know whether you get salad cream in the USA, if you don't it's a dressing kind of like mayo, except it's more runny and tastes more vinegary than mayo....which is probably why I like it and husband doesn't, he's not a fan of vinegar.
For dinner I'm going to make pizza. I'm trying a pizza dough I've not made before....it's only 2 ingredients so shouldn't be hard to do! It's self raising flour (I shall use wholewheat with added baking powder) and Greek yogurt, saw the recipe online somewhere. I'll top the base with tomato and garlic puree and roasted Mediterranean veggies, with some goats cheese. We'll have it with a Greek salad.
Tomorrow I'm doing a cottage pie for dinner, the beef mince base will have lots of added veg - frozen mixed diced veg, plus some grated carrot and courgette, and a carton of chopped tomatoes. Instead of mashed potato for the topping, I'm going to slice some small new potatoes and steam them first, then layer them on top of the mince, drizzle with olive oil and crumble some feta over before baking.
I'll make an individual one at the same time and freeze it - I'm going up to see my Mum next Wednesday, brother is taking me, so husband can defrost the pie then heat it up in the microwave for his dinner. Mum has said she'd like to go out for lunch, if she's well enough, so if I have a full meal then I'll only want a slice of toast or some cheese & crackers when I get home.
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
The yogurt dough works well. I like to add a bit of seasoning too and herbs are nice in it.
ReplyDeletexx
It all sounds delicious!!!! The pizza yummmmmm!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love a fish finger sandwich but I'm with your husband on the salad cream. I can't stand the stuff! (Love vinegar though).I've never made a pizza dough but it sounds as if it couldn't be easier, so that's one for the meal plan.
ReplyDeleteFish Finger sarnie, the SO loves them, I am not so keen. It is those orange breadcrumbs. I sometimes coat a fillet in wholemeal crumbs and fry that for a sarnie.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are getting to visit with your mom and good she is feeling up to going out.
ReplyDelete