I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Sunday, 2 June 2019

Healthy eating mojo back, and an IF day

Yesterday was a bit of a wash out foodwise, as we were out for several hours and I hadn't planned what to do for lunch, so we just grabbed a sandwich and packet of crisps from a shop.  And for dinner we had leftovers - the turkey chilli I'd made for the previous day's dinner, but instead of healthy veggies again, we had rice and garlic bread.  It was yummy actually, but not something we'll be having regularly now we're back to eating healthily.  

I've got my cooking and healthy eating mojo back.  We're having a sort of intermittent fasting day today, eating very low carb and in a short time window, to sort of kick start some weight loss.  

Two meals today, for brunch around 9 am we had a 4-egg frittata between us, with grated courgette, half a chopped onion and some goats cheese in it, served with a couple of Heck chicken chipolatas and tinned tomatoes.  

We did have a piece of fruit and coffee each at midday, as both of us need to take tablets with food.

For dinner, at 5 pm, we're having baked salmon steaks with olive oil, lemon slices and herbs.  I'm doing a tray of roasted diced aubergine, courgette and asparagus with them, along with a sort of carb-free cauliflower cheese.  I've boiled the cauli, then mashed it with a dollop of Philadelphia cream cheese and a handful of grated Cheddar, with some sage, parsley and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, it'll go in the oven to brown with the salmon and veggies.

4 comments:

  1. Have you seen the cook book, Pinch of nom, we are loving all the recipes we have tried. It's great to eat something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a spinach salad. With strawberries, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, a boiled egg,onion,yellow pepper, pepper, splash of Italian dressing,avocado. Tasted good and filling for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am catching up, almost! Today, I ate two Quorn sausages (wild garlic and parsley) which I have never tried before and was very pleasantly surprised by - with half a baked aubergine and half a yellow pepper. Everything in a ceramic tray with Rapeseed oil, salt and sweet paprika and baked until melting. I admit to disliking meat sausages (gristle!) but these had a good texture and the flavour was better than expected. I might try something else in the range. I have the same for tomorrow too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!