I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Monday, 4 February 2019

A genuine vegan? I don't think so

I want to say something, to make it clear and remove any doubt (as if there was any!):-  

Husband and I are carnivores, we eat meat and fish.  I've mentioned it in my blog header, so it's not like I'm hiding it - and of course I write about meat and fish meals I make.  We do have 1 or 2 vegetarian days a week.....for cost and health reasons.  We will never (or it's highly unlikely anyway) give up eating meat and fish, for the simple reason that we like the taste of them.

The reason I'm saying this is because I had an extremely rude comment (anonymous of course - why is it that nasty comments are always sent anonymously?  Because they're COWARDS, that's why!) over the weekend, from someone who made all sorts of nasty vindictive personal remarks about our meat food choices, and professing to be vegan.  

Now, I don't believe they are actually a genuine vegan, for a couple of reasons:-

1.  Why read a food blog written by someone who clearly states they eat meat, who gives a meat-containing meal in the title (the comment came on my Beef Curry post) if you're so dead set against meat eating that it riles you up so much?

2.  Why do it anonymously?  If you're a genuine vegan, why not be out and proud about it, like I am as a carnivore?  What have you got to be ashamed about?  Why hide behind your keyboard, anonymously spewing bile?  Because you're not a genuine vegan are you, you're just a common or garden troublemaker who just wants to make waves and stir things up, one of the rent-a-mob brigade who turn up to anything controversial, who want to get on telly but hide their faces with hoodies and scarves or masks because they're too COWARDLY to own up to who they are, and the fact that they're just a stirrer!

I have no problem whatsoever with anyone's food choices - it's a free country and we have freedom of choice, and it would be a very boring world if we were all the same.  I may not like the idea of the way somebody else eats (or rather, what they choose to eat/not eat), but I respect their choices and would never dream of making nasty comments about it, especially anonymously - how rude is that?  (And how COWARDLY!).

You needn't go to the trouble of making any more comments, because they won't be published - you will NEVER be published on my blog, because you're a COWARD and a troublemaker.  And no you didn't shock or upset me with your comments, I just laughed!

8 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm sick to death of the 'professional' protestors who see it as their duty to take the very highest so called moral ground at every opportunity they can. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they channelled their energies into things like helping out their local charities. Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no excuse for nastiness, whatever the 'cause'. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and their views valued.
    Anonymous spite mail (which is what it was) is always to be despised for the cowardly act that it is.
    Don't give them any more space in your life, Sooze - it's not worth the anger or the effort. That's my view anyway. Life's too short for people like that.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting a bit fed up with all this talk of veganism. We were bought up to eat meat and fish and although I understand the thoughts behind being vegan with the cruelty in the meat industry I like you will continue to eat what I like.
    These so called vegans should look a bit further than the meat and fish, there is so much more in life that uses animal and the derivatives of animals that I personally would say that it is almost impossible to be a complete vegan. I learnt today that even our electricity uses animal waste to produce it. And I wouldn't be surprised if animal waste is used for manure to grow these vegan's their green food.
    Isn't life complicated now, I'm sure it wasn't like this a few years ago. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delete the buggers into cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pleased to hear that your Mum is getting the help.
    Why are people so unkind to each other I don't always agree in some posts so I just dont comment.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to me that, if one wants to become vegan, one must eat highly processed food. This is not something I will do; what I will do, is refrain from making contentious remarks. It was so good to read your reaction to that commentator! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I eat just about anything, including vegan food. BUT I would never buy and eat pretend meat specially those beetroot burgers that ooze juice so it looks like blood!!
    I know a vegan family from my home village, they preach will zeal and are very healthy BUT they all wear leather shoes as plastic gives them foot issues. I did suggest cotton socks and was subsequently cut. Hah, it bothered me not.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!