I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Saturday, 16 February 2019

Backache and bangers

Thanks for the comments on our Valentine's meal.  It is nice to go out for a meal occasionally.

As I'm out of commission at the mo (terrible backache), husband cooked the dinner.  We had sausages, spicy wedges and baked beans with onion sauce out of a packet....you know what, it was blimmin' lovely!  

Sometimes I get so focused on cooking from scratch and coming up with creative meals, it's easy to forget that simple bung-it-in-the-oven type meals taste just as good.  Especially when somebody else cooks it!  
(and he'll even do the washing up.  What a treasure.)

Gemma's P, Marmite is generally on the shelves where the jams (jellies?), marmalade, peanut butter, etc are.  I hope you find some.  And that you like it!  As I said before, it is most definitely a love it or hate it thing.

5 comments:

  1. He truly is a treasure and I'm glad he's looking after you. Is the back any easier?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as yet, but am sure it will be getting there by the end of the day. Thanks Joy x

      Delete
  2. Yes we sometimes over look the basic traditional simple meals chips n egg or chips n sausage or chips n fish finger all nice filling meals. The onion sauce sounds interesting did you pour it on the sausages? I do hope your back settles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we did, Wendy. It's a throwback to my childhood....Mum often served onion sauce with sausages, if we didn't have them with gravy. It's just a Knorr or Colmans packet sauce mix, you add milk to it, although could just as easily make it ourselves - it's only a basic white sauce with the addition of cooked chopped onion, after all.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your back my lovely, can you take a muscle relaxant pill? Wishing you well very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!