I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Sunday, 7 April 2019

Greek yogurt pizza dough, ginger cookies

The yogurt/flour pizza base was so easy and really nice, I'll be using that recipe all the time from now on.  I used wholemeal flour with baking powder added, a big shake of Italian herbs and enough Greek yogurt to make a dough.  Kneaded it a bit, just enough to get it smooth, then rolled it out and part baked it before adding the toppings.

Chinadogs, you mentioned the scallops - I froze them on the day we bought them as I knew I wouldn't be using them immediately, defrosting and using them a couple of days later.  But yes you could be right, as they were 'on date' they may well have been just past their best.  Whatever, I wasn't keen on the taste or even the texture, so I won't have them again.  

The ginger biscuits I made this morning are lovely, here's the recipe should anyone want it:-

www.recipesfromanormalmum.com/2014/08/04/mommas-cornish-fairings/

In an effort to make them slightly healthier, I use wholemeal flour with baking powder, brown sugar and only 50g of it (brown sugar tastes sweeter anyhow, gives a nice caramelly taste and with the golden syrup in, the cookies are sweet enough).  I also double the amount of powdered ginger as we do like them to be very gingery.  The beauty of these cookies is that you can bake them just until they're golden for softer cookies, or a bit longer if you like them crunchy.  They're lovely either way.  It's also one of the easiest cookie recipes ever, few ingredients and all done in a saucepan.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. Good to know the dough worked, now we all can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was there no yeast in the pizza base? I am going to try this one, nice and easy. thanks
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link Sooze, I have the recipe and will make some to take to the spinning group tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!