I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Tuesday, 6 August 2019

For TA - crustless quiche

For my lovely TA - I make a crustless quiche quite often, although the ones I make are quite a bit bigger than what you're planning to do....we generally have half of it warm (not hot!) on the day I cook it, with the other half at room temperature for lunch the next day.  I usually use about 6 eggs and cook it at 160-170 (mine is also a fan oven) for around 30-40 mins.  The actual time depends on the other filling ingredients and the depth of the dish I'm using...eg, raw meat like chicken or sausage, or raw vegetables, I would cook for longer.  Pre-cooked filling ingredients or a shallow dish would require only about 25-30 mins.

For your quiche, I would suggest 160 deg for 20 mins.....or until the surface is lightly golden brown and looks/feels firm.

To be honest, I rarely go by times for most types of oven baking....I just do things until they're done - checking by eye and feel.  If I can smell the food from another room, that's generally a good indication of doneness too.

Hope this helps, dear lady! xx 

9 comments:

  1. I love crustless quiche. It's nice with some cottage cheese zizzed in too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a crustless quiche anyday, I eat pastry but am not a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my darling, that's a great help! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that smell thing too. When I smell it in another room it is usually done.
    Unless it is the toaster oven and it is usually a little overdone in there. You know , when it is a tad black on the edges. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much - I had an excellent quiche. I had to cook it at 150C since my oven has hot spots! I ask you - a fan oven with hot spots. I didn't put in quite enough cheese but we learn from our mistakes don't we?

    Have a restful weekend my dear. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fan oven also has hot spots!

      Delete
    2. For goodness sake, why did they invent the fan oven if not to give overall stable heat?! Did a man design them? ;-)

      Delete
  6. I am a 'cook until it's done' kind of cook too. After forty plus years of cooking, I just know!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!