I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Sunday, 27 January 2019

Husband cooking dinner today

The fish finger butty was lovely, as usual.  I like Little Gem lettuce in it but had forgotten to buy any so went without, husband had watercress, which I'm not keen on, in his.




Took a couple of bites before remembering to take a photo

The sprout and Dolcelatte risotto was gorgeous, the cider and blue cheese really made it.


Frying the leek, sliced sprouts and courgettes


Adding the blue cheese when the brown rice was nearly cooked


The finished dish, with pecans stirred in at the end to retain the crunch.

We're having belly pork slices today, with assorted veggies.  Husband's cooking it, so I'll leave it up to him to choose which veg and how he's going to cook the pork.  I've suggested a cider sauce, as there's half a bottle left from the risotto....he's not keen on making sauces so I'll probably do that.  He doesn't do a lot of cooking, although usually prepares the lunch (quite often it's soup that I made earlier, or he makes a sandwich for us), but likes to do Sunday dinner sometimes.  It's nice to have a day off cooking occasionally, and he does do a good job....even if he makes a bit of a mess in the kitchen!

5 comments:

  1. Again, it all sounds delicious and I hope you do get that cider sauce as I think it will be perfect with the belly pork.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, that must have been a different recipe because the one I did didn't have leeks or cider, but I have to say that looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the same recipe, Marlene, I just altered it.

      Delete
    2. I really enjoy that you alter recipes to suit what you have on hand.

      Delete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!