Day 3 went alright, no spending as we didn't go in any food shops.
Breakfast was a sausage bap - husband's homemade quick sourdough seeded roll, with a couple of leftover cooked sausages out of the freezer. I had brown sauce in mine....lovely.
Lunch was a bowl of beef and vegetable soup, homemade and frozen, there are several more pots of it in the freezer.
Husband cooked the roast for dinner....a small lamb shoulder joint, he did roast potatoes, cabbage and purple sprouting broccoli and even made Yorkshires, under my direction. They rose beautifully and it was all blimmin gorgeous, even more so for having it cooked for me. He doesn't do a lot of cooking, but is good at roasts (perhaps we ought to have more of them!).
Having said that, he's cooking dinner again this evening - he volunteered, and who am I to say no?!
Breakfast was cereal, lunch will be a tuna mayo and tomato sandwich. Dinner is going to be fried liver and bacon, husband will do fried onions for himself separately (they don't agree with me). We'll have it with mash, cabbage, carrots and peas.
We'll have something fishy and lighter tomorrow.
Day 3 - nothing spent. Running total £6.36
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
How lovely - both the food itself and that you didn't have to cook it.
ReplyDeleteI reckon more roasts is a jolly good idea!
xx
I wish I had a husband that cooked for me … I think you should keep him!!
ReplyDelete