I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.

Tuesday, 26 November 2019

Day 4, using up leftovers

Husband cooked the dinner again (2 days running!), fried liver & bacon with onions for him, mash, cabbage and peas, and gravy.  It was all lovely.  Loads of veg left over, so that's gone in the freezer for bubble and squeak at a later date.  I chopped up the last of the roast lamb from Sunday and froze that too, it'll be added to the B&S veggies in due course.

Today it'll be porridge for breakfast, with some of the frozen fruit.  Lunch will be leftovers from yesterday's lunch, the remainder of the tuna mayo for me, I'll have it with crispbreads, husband will probably have a sandwich.  

For dinner tonight I'm going to make a crustless salmon quiche, using a tin of salmon, onion and sweetcorn.  I have some feta cheese to use up so that'll go in too.  We'll have it with a jacket potato and homemade coleslaw.

Day 4 - nothing spent.  Running total £6.36

2 comments:

  1. You're eating so well on not very much cash! Good for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's after something … has he handed you his Christmas list yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: Anonymous comments will not be published unless you add a name at the end of your comment. This is to weed out those anonymous comments which are clearly just spam.

Spam comments, advertising or rude comments will not be published!