The salmon crustless quiche was lovely, there's half left for lunch today. I did a small jacket spud each and homemade coleslaw to go with it.
Have just been told by the GP that my worsening NAFLD is in danger of escalating to fibrosis or even cirrhosis if I don't lose weight, well there's an incentive! Googled for fatty liver diet advice, which is basically low fat, moderate carbs and protein, plenty of veg and fruit (not so much fruit for me because of the sugar content), no sweet things (I rarely do anyway) and no baked goods. Lean protein such as chicken, turkey, lean pork and fish, or legumes, nuts and eggs.
Luckily, we have all the above in, it's now a case of proper planning of healthy meals (so I won't be doing the slow cooker savoury mince and dumplings we were going to have tomorrow!).
For lunch today we'll be having the other half of the salmon quiche with a barley salad, I've just cooked the barley and roasted some veggies to stir through it with a vinaigrette dressing. Dinner tonight will be roasted chicken thighs (minus the skin!) with the rest of the roasted veggies and Brussels sprouts.
Day 5 - nothing spent. Running total £6.36
I love to cook and bake, both for us (husband and I) and our dog. Husband loves to grow vegetables and fruit. I like to batch cook and freeze meals, so I can have a day off cooking occasionally! We eat meat and fish, but not every day. We make bread about twice a week, I bake a cake about every other week.
Glad you managed to get some of the Tesco pork, they are a good saving I got 3. Asda has some gammon at £4.25 per kilo they seem to be just over the kilo. I stock put on the Christmas meat offers, the next offers are at Easter. The Christmas special veg are a always good to stock up on. You are doing well on your challenge, I do spend if it’s going to save me money, I won’t pass a bargain especially on roasting joints. They are so versatile for sarnies and dinners and if you bulk out with veg a little goes a long way xx
ReplyDelete5 days and only £6.36 spent that's brilliant. x
ReplyDelete